Home James COVID-19 Policy
Masks will be required for both vaccinated and unvaccinated people on Home James vehicles.
If you'd like to read more from the CDC on this requirement, click here.
If a passenger removes their mask or wears it improperly, the driver has been instructed to drop that passenger off at the next gas station. No refund would be provided to the passenger.
Drivers will disinfect vehicles between each trip.
Terms and Conditions
For a departure leg to DIA:
All passengers must call the Home James office at 970-726-5060 or 833-2RIDE-WP the day before your departure to reconfirm your pickup time and location.
Each passenger is limited to 1 large bag, 1 carry-on sized bag, plus a ski or snowboard bag or another large bag. Carry-on luggage may be required to fit underneath your seat. Excess luggage is subject to a surcharge of $78 (the price of an additional one-way seat). Oversized luggage (any single dimension greater than 5 ft.), oversized ski or snowboard bags, and bike boxes are subject to paying an additional $78.
An ADA-compliant collapsible scooter or collapsible wheelchair are no extra charge. Due to insurance reasons drivers are not allowed to help passengers move in or out of the van. Please call the office if you are travelling with these items so that we can plan for the space required.
Weather and Traffic Delays:
As much as we’d like to, Home James is unable to control the weather or traffic. Home James is not responsible for missed flights due to these issues. If you feel that more time may be needed, it is your responsibility to call and change your pickup to an earlier time. The office staff will do their best to accommodate based on current availability.
We love pets, but they are not permitted on scheduled shuttles unless they are certified service animals. Paperwork must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to travel. Non-certified animals can always be accommodated on private charters. Further questions may be answered in this article by the ADA National Network entitled "Service Animals and Emotional Support Animals." To reiterate, we are happy to accommodate service animals, but due to the allergy restrictions and comfort of other passengers we do not allow emotional support animals.
Home James does not provide child car seats. While car seats are not required by law within commercial vehicles, Home James strongly encourages guardians to travel with their child’s car seats. The drivers are not allowed to help install car seats; it will have to be done by the child’s guardian.
Private Charter Stops:
Private charters are allowed one stop for up to 30 minutes. Should the group require more time, the driver or Home James office staff will need to collect $85/hour beyond the first 30 minutes.
We have a 48-hour cancellation policy for all reservations that have not purchased trip insurance. All reservations are non-refundable if cancelled within 48 hours of your scheduled pickup time, unless you purchased trip insurance. See Trip Insurance in the Home James Policies for details about cancellation with trip insurance. If you made this reservation using a credit card, it will be charged 2 days prior to your pickup time. If you book your trip inside of 48 hours, your trip is non-refundable.
If you purchase trip insurance for the shared shuttle service, you can cancel your reservation up to 30 minutes before your scheduled pickup time for a full refund, less the cost of the trip insurance itself. If you purchase trip insurance for the private charter service, you can cancel your reservation up to 3 hours before your scheduled pickup time for a full refund, less the cost of the trip insurance itself. Passengers that travel with Home James (board the shuttle and use the service for any length of the trip) but are delayed due to traffic, weather, and road closures are not entitled to a refund. Passengers that do not notify Home James of their cancellation will be charged the full amount. Trip insurance is not available as an option to anyone booking a reservation that is within 48 hours of the reservation's pickup time.
Changing your Pickup Time:
Home James Transportation reserves the right to move any departure reservation to an earlier time. Home James Transportation also reserves the right to move any arrival reservation to a later time. This can be done at any time for any reason.
Call us with any corrections:
If you feel that there are any errors in the above reservation(s), please contact our reservation center immediately at 970-726-5060.
Rules and Regulations
1) Applicability: The rules and regulations set forth in this section shall be applicable to the transportation performed and the rates and charges in this Tariff. This Tariff applies only to Colorado intrastate operations.
2) Passenger Service and Restrictions: Home James Transportation reserves the right to refuse transportation to any person who, in the opinion of driver in charge of the transportation, is under the influence of alcohol or other drugs, is suffering from a contagious disease, is behaving in a manner considered to be offensive, or presents a risk to himself, herself, other passengers, third parties, or the driver. Such refusal shall not be based on religious, ethnic, or any other discriminatory characteristic prohibited by law. Smoking is not allowed in any vehicle.
3) Animal Restrictions: Except as allowed by this item, animals/pets shall not be transported. Only service animals traveling with their masters will be transported. Service animals shall be under the control of their masters at all times. Company will not be responsible for loss or injury to these animals, nor for an injury or damage to any person or property caused by the actions of these animals.
4) Baggage Restrictions: Each passenger shall be allowed to transport one large piece of baggage, one normal sized piece of baggage, and one ski or snowboard bag at no charge. Subject to space available, additional baggage may be accommodated for an additional charge of $78.00. One (1) purse and one (1) briefcase per passenger will not be counted as baggage but may have to be placed below the seat. Identification and designation of “purse” and “briefcase” shall be left up to the discretion of the driver in charge of the transportation.
5) Explosives and Other Dangerous Articles: Home James Transportation will not transport any articles or substances that, in the opinion of the driver in charge of transportation, are dangerous to the health and/or safety of any passenger or driver or employee. These articles or substances may include but not limited to explosives, toxic agents and hazardous materials.
6) Inclement Weather and Road Conditions: Nothing in this tariff shall require Home James Transportation to transport passengers or their baggage, if in the opinion of the driver in charge of transportation, weather, street, road, or highway conditions, either from the point of origin, destination, or points in between, render operation of the motor vehicle dangerous or impracticable.
7) Payment Types and Time of Collection: Payment for all fares and charges shall be in U.S. dollars in the form of cash, personal checks, traveler's checks, business checks, or approved credit cards. Payment is due at time of service unless prepayment was previously received. Receipts will be provided upon request.
8) Reservation, Cancellations, and Refunds: To receive a full refund of a prepaid reserved transportation service, the passenger must submit a request to Home James Transportation to cancel the previously reserved transportation service by U. S. mail, e-mail, or by telephone, at least 48 hours in advance of the reserved transportation date and time. If the cancellation request is received by Home James Transportation less than 48 hours before the reserved transportation date and time, the passenger will be charged a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the payment for the transportation service.
9) Complaints: Passengers may submit complaints to Home James Transportation by U. S. mail, e-mail, or by telephone. Staff of Company will make an effort to resolve the complaint fairly. If the complainant is not satisfied, he/she may contact the PUC at:
Colorado Public Utilities Commission
1560 Broadway, Suite 250
Denver CO 80202
303-894-2070 or 1-800-456-0858